SOUTHERN ARIZONA COUNTY ORAL HEALTH COALITION
Communities Free from Tooth Decay and Other Oral Diseases
To eliminate tooth decay and other oral disease through collaboration, education and changing policy
All sectors of our communities in seven of Arizona’s fifteen counties; Cochise, Greenlee, Graham, Pima, Pinal, Santa Cruz and Yuma are welcome!
Increase awareness of:
- The bacteria responsible for tooth decay is contagious and infectious.
- Dietary choices greatly influence oral health.
- Great oral hygiene starts at home with regular brushing and flossing.
- Children on AHCCCS (Access) have dental coverage.
- Emerging research related to how oral health affects overall health.
The SAzOHC advocates for:
- Legislation that authorizes a new mid-level provider type dental therapists.
- Legislation that expands comprehensive dental coverage to pregnant women enrolled in AHCCCS of any age in Arizona.
- The passage of legislation that would extend the SNAP (food assistance) benefit to allow coverage for toothbrushes, fluoride toothpaste and dental floss.