Arizona Oral Health Coalition (AZOHC)
COALITION COORDINATOR – CONTRACT POSITION
In coordination with the AZOHC Leadership Council (LC), coordinate all activities of the AZOHC to meet its strategic policy change goals by facilitating meetings, providing communications support, managing funder relationships, growing coalition membership, and engaging with stakeholders.
Coalition Coordination and Logistics
- Ensure coalition is on track to achieve goals as outlined in the workplan.
- Coordinate logistics for coalition meetings including agenda development, meeting facilitation, meeting summaries, and follow-up with individual members on action items. This also includes providing support for the Workgroup chairs.
- Recruit new AZOHC members, address member concerns, and communicate member concerns with LC.
- Communicate with the LC, membership, policy makers and the community via phone or email.
- Collaborate with the LC to draft opinion articles, letters to the editor, press releases and media advisories, formal letters, and position statements.
- Create and deliver brief presentations to partner organizations as necessary.
- Coordinate the submission of grant reports and grant updates with fiscal agent.
- Write website copy, manage emails, and manage social media accounts. Website updating skills are helpful but not required.
- Manage member database.
- Manage the budget and expenses of AZOHC, maintaining accurate records and receipts.
- Submit payables to fiscal agent in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with the AZOHC fiscal agent to provide regular financial reports for LC and AZOHC.
The ideal candidate:
- Demonstrate strong communication skills including written, interpersonal, and public speaking.
- Be a strong facilitator and able to keep meetings on task.
- Should embrace and promote the mission of the AZOHC but does not need to be an oral health subject matter expert.
- Will have experience and demonstrated success in coalition management and community mobilization.
- Have experience running advocacy campaigns at the state level.
- Have up-to-date knowledge and be able to implement a racial justice and health equity approach to all aspects of their work.
- Be effective at building collaborations and stakeholder relationships.
- Have outstanding organizational skills; be able to manage, prioritize, and implement a complex and growing list of tasks/projects.
- Have experience managing grant budgets and contracts.
- Possess the technological skills to successfully complete the required tasks.
- Be a strategic thinker and have demonstrated success meeting strategic goals.
- Be able to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and beliefs.
Time Commitment: Up to 50 hours per month
Compensation: $80 per hour, up to 50 hours per month
Timeline: October 1, 2019 to May 30, 2020
To apply, please send resume and letter describing your experience and why you would be a good fit for this role to email@example.com